Saturday, January 31, 2009

Review: Seven Up

I read this as an ebook on my Treo. Janet Evanovich and Stephanie Plum are a fun and quick escape for me.

Stephanie, bounty hunter extraordinaire, is handed Eddie DeCooch's case for apprehension. Should be easy, he is an aging, impotent octogenarian who was once a Mafia hitman. As usual nothing goes to plan and Seven Up is filled with near misses as Stephanie chases DeCooch in a giant white car around town. Then to top it all off Dougie and Mooner, Stephanie's stoner friends, go missing and it all seems to be connected to Eddie DeCooch. Stephanie pulls out no stops calling upon Ranger to help out, only this time there are strings attached, ones that have Stephanie a little hot and bothered. One thing leads to another and mud wrestling, car wrecks, dead bodies, crazy family dinners and hot, steamy moments with sexy leading men lead Stephanie on yet another topsy-turvy adventure.

What makes these novels for me are the characters and the humour, Grandma Mazur has me laughing out loud every time! I leave lots of time in between each novel I read in this series, which is why I think I like each new installment a little bit more than the last.

No comments: