Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Book Review: Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Darkly Dreaming Dexter is the first book in the Dexter series that has also become a hit TV series.  Jeff Lindsay introduces readers to Dexter Morgan, an average citizen with a job as a forensic technician with the Miami Dade police department, whose specialty is studying and understanding blood splatters. What even his sister does not know, is that he is a serial killer of serial killers.

I have never watched the Dexter TV series , however I have heard plenty about it. While I really liked the concept of the book, I really struggled with being inside the mind of a serial killer. While I understood that Dexter has control over his urges, I really did not enjoy when he was battling moments of weakness. 

Having said that, I will likely read more of this series because I am drawn to this very unusual mind and life style, much like drivers staring at a car accident as they drive by...just can't help myself

No comments: